Building your future together!
‘What children can do together now, they can do alone tomorrow’ (Lev Vygotsky)
CLAS International School seeks to provide high quality, well-balanced educational programmes to meet the individual needs of children and to enable them to become creative, lifelong learners and contributors to their local and global communities.
Our school aims to make a difference in a cooperative and innovative environment for all students, inspiring them to become responsible and successful, global citizens.
CLAS Int'l School offers two educational streams:
- international stream – only in English
- bilingual stream – Romanian and English
Both programmes are enriched with other foreign languages such as German, Italian and French, and other modern languages on request
We believe that
- international education serves as a powerful means for enhancing intercultural competence, critical thinking, creativity, efficient communication and cooperation.
- we recognise and value the diversity of backgrounds and cultures in our school community.
- we address the particular individual abilities and qualities of each child in order to enable them to fulfill their full potential. Children learn best in a safe, cooperative, and nurturing environment.
- parents and teachers are partners in their children's education.
In order to fulfill our Mission and Philosophy, we will:
develop in our children the EU key competences required in all areas of learning.
provide learning experiences that are appropriate to a child's age and stage of development.
encourage children to develop the skills necessary for independent and cooperative learning, successful problem solving and divergent thinking.
foster a caring and safe learning environment as the Third Teacher, an environment that stimulates curiosity, freedom of expression, fairness and respect for others and nature.
encourage the development of the whole child through the provision of a wide range of activities based on Gardner’s Multiple Intelligences Theory.
develop each child's ability to communicate effectively in the language of instruction, while continuing to respect the importance of the child's home language (see the school’s language policy).
ensure effective teaching and learning by recruiting and developing skilled, open-minded and committed teaching staff.
use wisely technology to enhance learning of the generation of digital natives ("One laptop per child" Programme).
inform and involve parents in all aspects of their child's education in a systematic way
continue to improve the school's campus with the facilities and the resources needed.
promote positive reciprocal relationships with other schools, organisations and institutions in Bucharest/Ilfov, in Romania and worldwide.
"Empowering learners to flourish makes a positive difference"